Monday, October 20, 2008

Make a Wish


Katherine and Daniel got married on Saturday, October 18, 2008.

Theirs was a lovely ceremony (in my humble opinion!)

Their reception included some familiar ideas: Tables named for favorite restaurants, bottles of wine as favors, gorgeous orange stargazer lilies and roses.

There were also some unique elements, my favorite of which was the memory board with photos of their parents and each set of grandparents on their respective wedding days. (Daniel and Katherine have a legacy of longevity in marriage, and we thanked their parents for their example during the ceremony.)

But there was something in their printed program that really caught my attention. I was so impressed, that I want to share it here ... and maybe someone else will use this idea in the future. (I believe that's "paying it forward.")

On the last page of the program, Katherine and Daniel said, "In honor of all our guests here today, we have made a charitable donation to the Make-A-Wish foundation. This gift will help make a special child's wish come true. Thank you for helping us make our wishes come true and joining us on our wedding day."

What a beautiful idea.

And ... congratulations to the newlyweds, Katherine and Daniel!

1 comment:

Donna said...

What a sweet, heartfelt idea. I love it!