Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Love is love



Wow! What a wonderful Saturday for weddings!

October 11, 2008 was the wedding day for two beautiful couples: Sam and Robyn, who were married at Orchard Creek Lodge, Sun City Lincoln Hills, and Deborah and Amy, who were married at Old St. Mary's Chapel in Rocklin.

And these two couples had one very important commonality: Sam and Robyn have been a couple for nearly 20 years; Deborah and Amy for over 12 years. The strength of their commitment, in spite of the many challenges they have faced as same-sex couples, is an inspiration to me. I hope that all the couples whose weddings I perform will have as much love, commitment, fortitude and joy as these four ladies.

My own belief: God does not discriminate. And neither does love. And that's why I'm delighted and honored to perform the ceremonies that "legalize" their love.

And that's the closest to a political statement I will make on this blog. I promise!

Blessings,
Rev. Jeri

No comments: