Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Saddened ...

I am so sorry to see that the California voters have adopted Prop. 8, and chosen to ban same-sex marriages. I believe the heavy fear tactics used by the "Yes on 8" backers caused this unfortunate decision.

Many years ago I was introduced to A Course in Miracles, and learned one of THE most important lessons of my life. To paraphrase, love and fear cannot coexist; we either approach (and respond to) situations from a foundation of love, or from a foundation of fear.

I believe fear is the motivator that approved Prop. 8.

I will continue to greet life from a love-based perspective. I believe that's what my higher power expects of me.

I will continue to treat people the way I want to be treated. (The Golden Rule has always been my credo.)

And yes, that means I will continue to perform ceremonies for same-sex couples.

Love is love. And it does not discriminate. Nor will I.

Sincerest blessings,
Rev. Jeri

2 comments:

Donna said...

Very well said, Jeri.

Wedding Tips said...

Couldn't agree with you more - thanks for posting this, Jeri.