Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ten weeks later ...


It's been a long time since my last post. And for good reason.

Ten weeks ago, my sweetheart, partner and love, Richard Hess, died. Suddenly. There are no words to adequately convey the emotional journey I have traveled since that time.

What I do want to say, today, is this:

I ALWAYS knew Rich loved me, and I honestly believe he knew how much I loved him. We expressed our feelings daily, in word and action. Even when we did not see eye-to-eye, we always knew our love was strong. And we worked -- individually and together -- to keep it that way.

Our time together was far too short (in my opinion -- but, then, I'm not God). I am so grateful for the time we did have, the memories we shared, and the love that continues. If I could do it all over again, I would not change a thing.

Why do I write about my loss? Because I hope that anyone who reads these words will be inspired to LOVE FULLY. True love is ABSOLUTELY worth the risk of pain or loss.

Hey, Sailor. I love you. Thank you for being such an amazing part of my life.
JT

1 comment:

Calligraphy Girl said...

That was beautiful Jeri. You are such a positive person...I am so sorry for your loss. Hope to see you very soon...

Lara