Sunday, December 14, 2008

Another type of "celebration"


Not only do I perform weddings, but occasionally I am asked to officiate at a "celebration of life" or memorial service. I had the opportunity to perform such a service at Sierra View Funeral Chapel on Friday evening.

While this is always a humbling experience, Friday's celebration of life included a beautiful "extra touch."

One of my wedding colleagues, David Van Enger of Music in Motion, prepared a DVD of photos of the deceased, matched with the "perfect" music as background. What a blessing for everyone in attendance, to see the photos of this beautiful lady. I hope to see more photo DVDs in the future.

After the service, the family and friends spent some time at Sierra View, eating and visiting. This family was from out-of-town, and I am not sure where they got the food.

However, I know that Hannibal's Catering has wonderful food and offers special all-inclusive packages for memorials and funerals. My friend, Jennifer Baker, recently joined the Hannibal's team as an Event Coordinator. She treated me to lunch and, as a vegan, I was delightfully surprised at the choices I had. Yummy Food!! Give it a try! And if you visit the Rancho Cordova location, please tell Jennifer I sent you!

Blessings,
Rev. Jeri

No comments: